Thanks for visiting

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Man I love making new things!

I was asked about making a gift for a grandmother. Something with names and birthstones and also a small memorial piece added in for two losses.

The design I came up with was a sterling silver connector bracelet with the names put on each connector and the birthstone directly on there as well.

For this bracelet I purchased a new stamp set. One that's roughly half the size of my normal ones. Instead of a 1/8" stamp set, I used a 1/16" stamp set which was all uppercase letters.

First step:
Stamping each connector

Second step:
"Coloring" the letters so they are bold and more noticeable.

Here's how it looks so far....


Third step:
Add on the corresponding birthstones and attach two clear stones for the memorial piece

Here's how they look now...


Fourth step:
Bend each connector with the bracelet bending pliers so the connectors lay properly on the wrist

Fifth step:
Connect each piece with a jump ring

Sixth Step:
Finish off with a custom tag and lobster claw clasp

Finished product!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment